Projects I did as an Undergrad
These are some projects I did before graduating from BITS-Pilani in 2015.
- Monitoring factory workers’ performance with Kinect (2014): Used deep learning to measure the quality of activity of factory workers. It performed well in varying lighting conditions, distances and orientations of workers w.r.t. the Kinect.
- Tracking finger-gestures using Kinect to control a PC (2014): Won 1st prize in BITS-Pilani technical festival 2014 in appliances category.
- Compiler-construction course project (2014): As part of a course project, developed a compiler to compile a toy language to x86 assembly code.
- Many-to-one P2P media streaming (2013): Designed & developed UDP based many-to-one media streaming protocol.
- Context aware home automation system (2013): Involved tracking humans using motion detection, blob detection, skin detection and stereo cameras.
My Old Website
Here is a website I maintained as an undergrad before 2015. Here’s a summary of each blog post on the website:
Chaser Bot Using Reinforcement Learning (2014). This was before I even knew anything like deep RL existed!
Simulated Evolution of Preys & Predators using GAs & ANNs (2014). At the time, I had just learned a lot about evolution from Richard Dawkins’ books.
PlAI Game (2014). As a member of IEEE BITS-Pilani chapter, I conceptualized, coordinated and developed this video game for an AI bot making competition at BITS tech fest.
Scale-able P2P Media Sharing (2013)
Finger-tip Tracking Using Web Cam (2013)
TCP/IP Video Call Software (2012). Skype was blocked on our campus. So I thought why not make my own?